Foreign Student Support Systems
Support for Foreign Students
Sanko Gakuen has established support systems that allow foreign students to study with peace of mind at each of its campuses.
As the support systems available differ depending on the individual school and region, for more details check the application guidelines and school brochures, or contact a specific school to make direct inquiries.
Exemptions of up to 500,000 yen in tuition fees per year
Sanko Gakuen's Unique Foreign Student Tuition Fee Exemption Enrollment Scholarship
When students take the Foreign Student Tuition Fee Exemption Enrolment Scholarship Exam, students deemed eligible for enrolment in a scholarship program can have some of their tuition fees waived based on their rank. This can amount to up to 500,000 yen per year. Tuition fees can also be broken down into two or four installments.
Foreign Student Tuition Fee Exemption Enrollment Scholarship Program Ranks and Exemption Amounts
- SS Scholarship 500,000 yen exemption
- S Scholarship 300,000 yen exemption
- A Scholarship 200,000 yen exemption
- B Scholarship 100,000 yen exemption
- C Scholarship 50,000 yen exemption
|Quota||Around 10% of the total applicant quota (including all scholarships)|
Applicants must meet one of the following criteria:
|Documents to be Submitted||
* If an applicant seeking regular admission has passed N2 or higher of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test, scored at least 200 points on the Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students or scored at least 400 on the BJT Business Japanese Proficiency Test, they can be exempted from the written test by submitting a certificate of the test results.
Foreign Student Special Scholarship Programs
The following scholarship programs are available.
Monbukagakusho Honors Scholarship for Privately Financed International Students
Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO)
Contents of Scholarship: 48,000 yen / month
Payment Period: One year (April to March the following year) (reapplication possible)
Application Period: Late March to Early May (differs depending on school)
No. of Grantees: Number determined by JASSO
|How to Apply||Applications procedures are undertaken through the attending school (Figures 1, 2). After creating the application documents, the applicant submits them to the attending school (Figure 3), and receives a recommendation from the school to JASSO (Figure 4).|
|Notification of Results||After the screening process (Figure 5), students are notified of acceptance or non-acceptance results through their attending school (Figure 6).|
Kyoritsu International Foundation /
Kyoritsu Maintenance Scholarship Programs
Kyoritsu International Foundation Scholarship: 100,000 yen per month (paid for two years)
Kyoritsu Maintenance Scholarship: 60,000 yen per month (paid for one year)
Privately financed foreign student with citizenship from an Asian country
* Citizenship must be from one of the following 21 countries and 2 regions (Asian countries as designated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs).
South Korea, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Mongolia, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Myanmar, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, the Philippines, India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, East Timor, Brunei, Maldives
|How to Apply||
Applications are made through the attending school (school recommendation)
* Personal applications from foreign students are not accepted.
|Application Period||November to January the following year|
|Decision on Acceptance||
Applicants are notified of the acceptance or non-acceptance results through their attending school.
Only those accepted are published on the Kyoritsu International Foundation website.
* The class of scholarship cannot be selected.
International Student Dormitory Program
The Kyoritsu International Foundation offers accommodation at student buildings operated by Kyoritsu Maintenance at a special price to foreign students.
- Living together with the head of a dormitoryStudent safety management, cooperation with school
- Meals prepared by the head of a dormitoryStudent healthcare, dealing with sickness
- Japanese Students and Foreign Students Living TogetherInternational exchange between students and experiencing other cultures
- Student DormitoryProvides a good study environment